Are you struggling to manage and remember all your passwords more frequently? Using simple and similar passwords for all of your accounts, risking security? Password manager, a powerful solution to all your problems regarding managing and securing passwords.
Gone are the day of writing down complicated passwords and worrying about remembering them. A password keeper help us manage our sensitive information online, providing an extra layer of security, all in all giving us a peace of mind.
In today’s article we will talk about the best password manager tools for you.
What is a Password Manager?
A password manager is an encrypted digital vault that stores secure passwords and login information you use to access apps and accounts on your mobile device, websites and other services.
Why should you use Password Manager?
We use a lot of online accounts for various purposes. From reading emails to streaming netflix, accounts are required. Which brings in the issue of managing all those login credentials and so the hassle of remembering them.
For ease of usage we set simple and common passwords for multiple accounts because we forget how vulnerable they are.
So the key reasons of using a password manager are,
- Securing multiple login credentials at one place.
- Generating strong passwords.
- Protection from cyber attacks.
- Saving the trouble of remembering all the passwords.
- Instant alert on data breach of weak passcodes.
There are lots of password keeper services out in the market to choose from but we brought you a list of 3 best free password manager tools for best experience. Which one is the best password manager for you? Try these options to find out.
When it comes to protecting passwords online with solid security we cannot but mention the gem tool, LastPass.
LastPass is one of the biggest password managers in the market. Whether you are using it to manage your work or personal account, this tool can do it all. It puts you in control of your online life.
Key features of LastPass includes,
- Automatic login with stored usernames and passwords in LastPass.
- AES-256 bit encryption with PBKDF2 SHA-256 and salted hashes to keep it fully secured.
- Generating secure passwords so to replace weak ones.
- Security Dashboard providing overview of your weak and reused passwords and tips to improve them.
- multi-factor authentication, which helps protect you from phishing attempts.
- Dark web monitoring alerting you if your information is at risk.
- One Master Password so you can access all the credentials.
Pricing: It is not totally a free password manager but ships with a free version. Which includes all the basic features you need but for 1 device type. For extended features you have premium subscriptions starting from $3/month. It also offers you a 30 day trial before any purchase.
So stop wasting time getting locked out of accounts or filling passwords and forms online – LastPass simplifies your daily online tasks while keeping you and your family secure.
A popular and trusted option in our list of password manager tools is Bitwarden.
This open source password keeper delivers complete password management solutions to everyone, whether at home, at work, or on the go. Bitwarden offers Teams and Enterprise plans for companies so you can securely share passwords with colleagues.
The Core features include in every Bitwarden account:
- Advanced end-to-end encryption (AES-256 bit, salted hashtag, and PBKDF2 SHA-256).
- Built-in password generator to generate strong, unique, and random passwords.
- Unlimited devices and also syncing.
- Free cloud hosting.
- Multi-factor authentication and 2 step login.
- Unlimited vault items.
- Unlimited device types.
Pricing: The free plan covers all the basic features you need but offers premium subscription for business starting from $10/year.
Bitwarden is an impressive choice among the free password manager tools. Secure your all your credentials with it’s solid features and functionalities.
Lastly we have another noteworthy alternative, RoboForm. It is a versatile password manager with plugins for all the major browsers and mobile apps for both iOS and Android. RoboForm securely stores all of your passwords and logs you in with a single click (or tap).
Key features of RoboForm includes,
- One click Logins: RoboForm logs you in to websites with a single click.
- Best Form Filler: It is able to fill out even the most advanced web forms with perfect accuracy.
- Secure Vault: It also comes with a secure vault to store your logins safely.
- Cloud Sync: The RoboForm Everywhere secure cloud keeps your passwords backed up and in sync across all your browsers and devices. (requires paid subscription)
- Auditing Tool: It helps you identify weak or duplicated passwords.
- Password Generator: Helps replace the weak passwords but with a very strong one.
- Powerful Search: Use RoboForm’s strong search functionality to save time and effort.
Pricing: The free plan offers unlimited passwords storage and so many more features. RoboForm Everywhere software uses one license to sync your data across all of your desktop and mobile devices. Subscription starts from $16.68 for 1 year.
RoboForm is easy to use and it has the best form filler around. It consistently auto-fills both simple and complex web forms without errors. Give this password manager a go and check the features in details.
Online life is filled with tons of security threats and so with vulnerabilities. So to make sure your precocious data and password credentials stays secured and safe, you should opt to using one of the password managers mentioned above. Please leave a comment and give your feedbacks.